I thought I’d start the first day of a new month with a new beauty blog post. I’m sharing the exact brushes I use to apply my makeup with.
I’ve been using Sigma Beauty brushes for years now, and when new brushes were delivered to my doorstep, I was beyond excited. I especially couldn’t wait to use the highlighter and contouring brushes.
Here are the steps-by-step on how I apply my foundation and powder:
- The very first step before applying my foundation, I use a sunscreen moisturizer and an eye cream. I let it sit for a few second.
- I then apply my foundation with the 3DHD Kabuki brush, which is AMAZING. This brush is a multifunctional brush allowing you to get all the curves, creases and angles on your face.
- I then apply my powder with the Duo Fibre Powder/Blush brush. I love this brush because it allows me to be able to apply my powder as lightly as I’d like to.
- Next step, is the contouring. I use the Large Angled Contour – F40 brush on my cheekbones, along the side of my eyebrows, outer edges of my forehead and jaw line. I also use the Tapered Face – F25 brush to blend in the product.
- Followed by the Small Contour – F05 brush to contour around my nose and any smaller areas.
- Then comes the highlighting part. I use the Tapered Highlighter – F35 brush to highlight desired areas on my face. I normally like to brighten up my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow, inner corners of my eyes, as well as my chin and in between my brows.
- The very last step is the setting powder, which I usually use the Duo Fibre Powder/Blush brush.
All product are linked above. Be sure to follow me on Instagram @melrodstyle, as I’ll be sharing more beauty posts soon.
For more Sigma Beauty brushes, please visit them at www.sigmabeauty.com.
Matte lipsticks are my favorite at the moment. So today, I’m sharing 3 matte lipsticks that have been in heavy rotation.
- Pure Red is my go-to for a night out on the town.
- The Natural is pretty much my everyday wear during the day at the office to even after work to meet with my girlfriends.
- The Whimsical is the right amount of pink and shimmer. I like to wear this color on days I wear less makeup.
I wanted to share this upcoming event taking place at the Los Cerritos Mall on October 7th. If you’re in the area or interested, book your appointment to get an exclusive makeup lesson from Chanel’s national makeup artist. You do not want to miss this.
SHOP THE LOOK:
I love playing with new make up… I mean who doesn’t, right?
The IT Cosmetic Vitality Lip Flush Butter Color is amazing. You can use as a lip stick and can be used to add some color to your cheeks. The YLBB Waterproof Lip Stain stays on all day but is easy to remove, which makes it even better. The YBBB Brow Power Skinny Pencil is probably the best, if not perfect match for my eyebrows. I have very fine hair and this pencil mimics the look of natural brow hairs and easily creates a perfect shape.
I’m not an eye shadow type of girl but I think my whole world is about to change after discovering the Paul & Joe eye color set. This creamy eye shadow is light and brightens your entire face while giving you a fresh and natural glow.
I haven’t been too impressed by the primers I’ve tried in the past but I could say that this Merle Norman Foundation Primer Plus is one to tell your friends about. It improves and extends the wear of your makeup while helping you look young. It’s about prime!
The Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation leaves your skin feeling and looking so flawless you won’t even believe! I love how it makes my skin feel like I have very minimal to no makeup on and gives a luminous finish while evening out my skin tone.
This Lorac Mascara is a no brainer. It lengthens and thickens your lashes without all the mess and clump residue. You’ll have lashes for days!
Get the Look:
is almost here, and while everyone most will be at Coachella, I’ll be in Vegas soaking up the sun wishing I were at Coachella… sigh. But before I go, I wanted to share what is currently in my cosmetic bag that travels with me on a regular basis… Cheers to a happy almost weekend!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin