How to Juggle Blog Life and Real Life….
Really wish I could say “OMG, it’s SOOO easy. All you have to do is this, this, and that!” Wish it were as easy as snapping my fingers. That would honestly be amazing and make my life easier, LOL.
Balancing work and play isn’t that easy but you have to always keep in mind to find a happy medium, especially with family and friends.
This is how I juggle both my blog life and really life, that have actually helped me stay sane….
- I try to get all my work done before George gets home from work, so that I can be present and give him my full attention.
- I always work my schedule around his. On his days off, I will make sure to clear my schedule, whether it’s skipping events (unless it’s a campaign) or scheduling my meetings and appointments on days he’s working.
- I make sure my blog and social media content is scheduled and done at the beginning of the week so that it is less stressful when I’m trying to do real life things outside of blogging.
- When I get campaigns while I’m traveling with George, I like to get them out of the way by shooting all content early in the morning, so that we can enjoy the rest of the day, and enjoy each other’s company.
- I often meet with my blogger friends to shoot content together so that when I’m spending time with family and friends, I don’t bother them for a photo.
- I always make a list of things I need to get done. What’s important and what can wait. Prioritizing is key.
Sure, things come up and don’t always work out the way you expect them to, but what I’ve learned is having a plan is VERY helpful, and makes your life so much easier.
Besides, happy hubby, happy….
Wait, I don’t think that’s how it goes. 😉
If you follow me on instagram @melrodstyle, you may have heard the wonderful news. We’re engaged!!!
It still feels so surreal, and I cannot even describe the feeling I felt that very moment and the feeling I am still feeling right this very moment.
Words cannot express my love for my “fiance” ( I’ll have to get use to that). I didn’t plan to announce through social media or to even create a post about this but it felt right for me to share my thoughts, my feelings, my emotions.
So today, I am typing this post as thoughts come to mind, with no plan whatsoever…. a letter from my heart – to my love, my future husband.
As I am writing this, my eyes are filled with tears… happy tears.
To my love,
Where do I even begin…
It still blows my mind that after 12 years of knowing you, we are where we are today. I knew from a very early stage of our relationship that I wanted to be with you forever. I want to be 80 years old with you, be in our little home – old and grey with you. Our lives together have been filled with good times, bad times, the best times, and some sad times but I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. I love our moments and all the memories we have together that we can look back on and reminisce today. The love I have for you is greater than anything in this world, greater than me. I love you so much, I don’t know what I would do without you. I cannot imagine my life without you in it. What we have is so special to me. I’m so happy. You make me happy. No one will ever understand us. You bring the best out of me. You are so patient. You always know how to cheer me up when I’m having a bad day. You always bring me back to life. You always have the right words to say when I’m not feeling my best. How could I ever live without you? You are the best person I know. How did I become so lucky? I use to always say that I’m not a lucky person. I never win anything. I have the worst luck… But that’s not true. I am lucky. I did win. God sent you to me for a reason. You were brought into my path for a reason. You are my soulmate – you really are. How did I get so lucky to share my life with someone that I love more than myself. Someone that completes me. Someone who makes me sooooo happy. Someone who makes me laugh, allows me to be me – that silly, sarcastic, witty and crazy girl. Thank you for being you. For being so caring, loving, understanding, the best partner to me, for always being so supportive of me, for being so comforting. And most importantly, thank you for loving me. I love you so much my love, and I am beyond excited to start this new chapter with you.
Wearing – Top, Shorts & Sports Bra c/o Colosseum Brand
photos by: Joann (the babe standing next to me).
Let’s face it we all want to look good while working out because when you look cute, you feel good and want to perform better. Well Colosseum does just that. Their activewear is both fashionable and functional. I must say it is the most comfortable activewear I own to date! I’m a huge fan of their sports bras (feels like you have nothing on)! Here is what I wore on my hike.
You may have remembered my previous Colosseum post here.
Other items you may like: