Backyard parties and BBQs are so much fun. Hosting these parties can be quite the opposite though. Being a host takes a lot of effort and is a lot of work. The good thing is that there is no right way to host a party, and there are no limits to hosting a cool party either.
Whether you love being the hostess with the mostess, or if the idea of hosting a party stresses you out, but are planning a get-together at your place anyway, then don’t worry. I’ve listed a few tips that help me prepare a fun, stress-free party.
Whether you’re hosting indoors or outdoors, here are just a few hosting tips based from my experience that can help you plan a very smooth party this Summer.
- Clean & organize throughout the week leading up to your party. This will help relieve stress, and avoid feeling overwhelmed the day(s) before the big bash.
- Prepare cocktails in advance, and always keep wine and/or champagne refrigerated. Options is key.
- Avoid serving difficult/messy dishes, meaning try to stay away from dishes that will get all over the place, specially if it’s a kid-friendly party. Stick to tried-and-true recipes because trying something new the day of your party can go really really bad. Or try maybe hiring a taco man or ordering out.
- Have enough food and drinks. This is George’s tip by the way. Know approximately how many guest you are planning to expect.
- Be ready early. Set aside enough time for you to get ready. The last thing you want is to be in the middle of blow drying your hair while your guest are all waiting around bored AF.
- Having an outdoor bathroom is SO CONVENIENT. This will help you keep your place inside clean and have to worry less about cleaning more areas in your home. Trust me, an outdoor bathroom is life changing lol. But don’t worry if you don’t have an outdoor bathroom. This tip doesn’t apply to everyone. Perhaps rent a portable bathroom if you are trying to avoid indoor foot traffic.
- Make sure to have enough seating areas in your backyard for your guest to be able to relax. If you’re limited on chairs, maybe lay out blankets, pillows and cushions to create a floor seating. It’s the easiest and perfect way to add extra seating.
- Entertainment is very important. Create a music playlist and have it playing before your guest arrive. Have games out for guest to play, such as corn hole or even drinking games. Obviously if you’re hosting a kid-friendly party then have something to entertain them as well. Or if you don’t have any kids (like me), but your friends do, then maybe advice the parents beforehand that you do not have anything to entertain them with, so suggest for them to bring their own toys.
- Put away anything valuable or anything you do not want to get ruined, ESPECIALLY if you are expecting kids to attend.
- Have a cocktail and relax because you’ve worked so hard. After all, you’ve earned it. CHEERS!
I hope you find these tips very helpful for your next get-together. If anyone has any tips to add on, please feel free to comment as I’m always looking for new recommendations for hosting a successful partay!!!
All home decor are from H&M and are listed below to shop!
Knit Cushion Cover Pillow
Stone-like Metal Vase
Large Glass Vase
Small Metal Candle Lantern Holder
Large Metal Candle Lantern Holder
Metal Napkin Holder
Patterned Seat Cushion
Cotton Seat Cushion
Jute Laundry Basket Hamper
Clear Glass Vase
Palm Leaf Coasters
Patterned Cotton Rug
Velvet Cushion Cover Pillow
SHOP THE LOOK:
SHOP THE OUTFIT: