So here we are, witnessing the aftermath of what was the best day of my life. Although there were thousands of photos to go through (that were just as amazing as these that didn’t make this post), I decided to share a few that I felt really captured those special moments.
Where do I begin to share about the most magical day of my entire life… The morning started off rather nerve-wrecking for me because of the weather, which I go in full detail on this post here.
The ceremony was short and sweet – exactly how we had pictured it to be. We really wanted a garden theme wedding, so having an outdoor wedding for both ceremony and reception was on the “must-have” list.
After our wedding photos, our wedding party including our parents held sparklers as we made our grand entrance into the reception. We walked into our first dance, followed by the traditional dances (FOB and MOG dance), to food, to speeches, to dancing, to cake cutting, to dancing some more, to taking photos in the photo booth, to more dancing, etc. We danced the entire night. I don’t think I even sat down for more than 5 minutes, which I am so happy about.
They say your wedding comes and goes before you know it. Enjoy it while you can because it goes so fast you don’t remember anything. Well, I beg to differ because both my husband and I remember every single part of our wedding and I cannot tell you how truly happy I am about that. That was so important for us – to remember every moment and to fully enjoy the night. And we sure did.
I was beyond blessed to have had my beautiful sisters (bridesmaids), mom, and of course the best wedding planner – Harlow Planning, by my side to make sure this day was perfect. And it truly was. It was beautiful. My dream wedding really came to life. I cannot even put it into words how incredible this day was for me… for my husband. This day will forever be so sacred in my heart.
Photographer: Hailley Howard
Wedding Planner: Harlow Planning
Hair and Makeup: Valerie Star
Bridesmaids, MOB and MOG Dresses: David’s Bridal
Bride, Groom and Bridesmaid Shoes: Vince Camuto
Bride, Bridesmaids & Flower Girl Robes: Love Ophelia
Flowers: Florals By Isabelle
Cake and Desserts: Sweet and Saucy Shop
Cake Topper and Table Numbers: NGO Creations
Rentals: Found Rentals
Caterer: Colette’s Catering & Events
Photo Booth: https://www.instagram.com/funkyfreshmo/
Fun facts about our wedding:
- While it was raining during hair and makeup, the rain literally stopped the minute I walked down the aisle. It was magical.
- My god daughter (8 years old) had written me a letter and read it while we were getting ready. I cried my eyes out.
- George and I wrote our own vows.
- I didn’t toss my bouquet.
- My friend Enocha sang “Lean On Me” during the reception.
- A lot of DIY went into our wedding – wedding favors, George made our alter, ceremony/reception signs, including the ‘here comes the bride’ sign.
- I didn’t have two dresses, but I did have two different tops – one for the ceremony, which had some beading and the second for the reception, which was all lace to match the rest of my dress.
- We took the after party to our house, which went on until 5:30 am.