By now, the malls are probably the craziest and most hectic, especially because of the most anticipated sale of the year – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The only time I wish I had a sugar daddy (no offense Horhey). It’s the most dangerous sale, but most exciting because a lot of the brands that are normally super expensive get dropped to a more reasonable price that cannot be passed up, I meannnn. Lucky for us there’s online shipping so we don’t have to wait in ridiculous lines. We can simply shop form the comfort of our home.
So without further ado, here are my top picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that are currently sitting in my shopping cart, because it is frowned upon to be in a store with no bra, sweatpants and a glass a wine.
I decided to share a few products that I use on a regular basis.
Hope you like this video.
Be sure to give this video a thumbs up and don’t forget to subscribe.
I’ve been a fan of the Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant since I was first introduced to the product earlier this year, so when I was invited to attend the Simply Stylist Session with Dove, I immediately cancelled my plans that Saturday.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant, it is amazing! Life changing, actually. It goes on instantly dry, cares for your skin, and keeps you feeling fresh and confident throughout the day – up to 48 hours. It’s perfect if you’re always on the go like myself.
The Simply Stylist session went on from 11 am to 2 pm. We got to listen to Jamie Chung and Dawn McCoy speak about beauty tips, life and career goals. Listening to them both speak was very inspiring, and motivating to continue to pursue my career goals. I also learned a new hair trick that I am excited to try very soon.
I thought I’d start the first day of a new month with a new beauty blog post. I’m sharing the exact brushes I use to apply my makeup with.
I’ve been using Sigma Beauty brushes for years now, and when new brushes were delivered to my doorstep, I was beyond excited. I especially couldn’t wait to use the highlighter and contouring brushes.
Here are the steps-by-step on how I apply my foundation and powder:
- The very first step before applying my foundation, I use a sunscreen moisturizer and an eye cream. I let it sit for a few second.
- I then apply my foundation with the 3DHD Kabuki brush, which is AMAZING. This brush is a multifunctional brush allowing you to get all the curves, creases and angles on your face.
- I then apply my powder with the Duo Fibre Powder/Blush brush. I love this brush because it allows me to be able to apply my powder as lightly as I’d like to.
- Next step, is the contouring. I use the Large Angled Contour – F40 brush on my cheekbones, along the side of my eyebrows, outer edges of my forehead and jaw line. I also use the Tapered Face – F25 brush to blend in the product.
- Followed by the Small Contour – F05 brush to contour around my nose and any smaller areas.
- Then comes the highlighting part. I use the Tapered Highlighter – F35 brush to highlight desired areas on my face. I normally like to brighten up my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow, inner corners of my eyes, as well as my chin and in between my brows.
- The very last step is the setting powder, which I usually use the Duo Fibre Powder/Blush brush.
All product are linked above. Be sure to follow me on Instagram @melrodstyle, as I’ll be sharing more beauty posts soon.
For more Sigma Beauty brushes, please visit them at www.sigmabeauty.com.
Just last week, my sister sent over a small care package of new skincare products from Arcona. It’s only been a week and I can already see results. I begin my day with Arcona and end my day with Arcona. My skin feels soft, smooth and clear. I’m loving my skin so far.
Here are my fab four finds of the week. I highly recommend if you’re looking for a new skincare routine to go with Arcona.
SHOP THE LOOK:
Matte lipsticks are my favorite at the moment. So today, I’m sharing 3 matte lipsticks that have been in heavy rotation.
- Pure Red is my go-to for a night out on the town.
- The Natural is pretty much my everyday wear during the day at the office to even after work to meet with my girlfriends.
- The Whimsical is the right amount of pink and shimmer. I like to wear this color on days I wear less makeup.
I wanted to share this upcoming event taking place at the Los Cerritos Mall on October 7th. If you’re in the area or interested, book your appointment to get an exclusive makeup lesson from Chanel’s national makeup artist. You do not want to miss this.
SHOP THE LOOK:
If you follow me on instagram @melrodstyle, you’d know that over the weekend, I got a blow out at Beautique 119. It’s located in the Phenix Salon Suites in Brea and if you’re like me who’s never been before, it is pretty amazing. What I love most about Beautique 119, is that it is very intimate and since Leticia never double books, it’s a more relaxing one on one experience, which makes all the difference.
The products used on my hair are Davines and the product speaks for themselves because my hair hasn’t felt so soft and smooth in so long.
There are very few salons I can say I had a great experience and this is one of them. My hair felt great, I felt great and cannot wait to go back soon!
For more Davines products, please visit their wesbite: www.divines.com
Be sure to stay connected with Beautique 119 through facebook and instagram and stay tuned for her website coming soon.
In a perfect world, we would be able to use the same beauty products on our skin all year round without having to rotate season by season. Unfortunately, that doesn’t exist – at least not in this world. With that said, I’ve put together a list of products I’m currently using on my skin that work for me this season. I’m really loving these products because it gives me the coverage I need without looking like a clown.
- NO 7 Photo Fix – It’s very light and silky.
- Anastasia eyebrow pencil – It’s so easy to use.
- Flower Beauty Highlighter Chubby – I apply this on my forehead, eyelids, nose bridge, cheek bones and cupid’s brow.
- Flower Beauty Mascara – What I love most about this mascara is that it doesn’t leave me with raccoon eyes at the end of the night.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Concealer– I practically use it all over my face.
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation – I alternate between a few other foundations but this is by far one of my favorites. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and natural looking.
- Mary Kay Loose Powder – Again, I alternate between this powder and Laura Mercier powder. I lightly brush my entire skin to complete the look.
What are you currently using on your skin?
Shop the Look:
Coachella is just days away and I cannot wait! This will be my very first Coachella so of course I am beyond thrilled! I’ve rounded up a few Coacella things I fancy at this very moment and are under $100 by the way (score). Coachella, I’m ready for you!
- Bathing Suit, TopShop – $60.
- Coffee Scrub, Frankbody.com – $14
- High Waist Denim Shorts, Chicnova – $34
- Shoe Cult Bootie, Nasty Gal – $98
- Moisturizing Body Balm, H2o Plus – $12
- Lust for Lacquer Lip Gloss, Marc Jacobs Beauty -$28
- Fedora Hat, Warehouse -$45
Shop the Look:
New year, new wishlist. Here’s a small list of things I fancy for the month of January.
Happy New Year!