By now, the malls are probably the craziest and most hectic, especially because of the most anticipated sale of the year – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The only time I wish I had a sugar daddy (no offense Horhey). It’s the most dangerous sale, but most exciting because a lot of the brands that are normally super expensive get dropped to a more reasonable price that cannot be passed up, I meannnn. Lucky for us there’s online shipping so we don’t have to wait in ridiculous lines. We can simply shop form the comfort of our home.
So without further ado, here are my top picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that are currently sitting in my shopping cart, because it is frowned upon to be in a store with no bra, sweatpants and a glass a wine.
As I am just a few hours away from taking off to Puerto Vallarta, still not packed not even a little bit. DON’T PANIC., decided I’d share what I usually pack when I’m headed somewhere warmer.
Packing Tips for a Summer Getaway.
Here are a just a few tips of what I like to pack…
- I always try on every single piece of item that I plan to bring with me. Trust me, this prevents from over packing. So much easier and less stressful.
- Pack basics white and black tees and tank tops. These are perfect for day to night outfits, and they make great layering pieces.
- Pack a few sandals and one pair of sneakers. You really only need 2-3 pairs of shoes plus a pair of flip flops. Honestly, I never pack heels anymore because I noticed every time I do bring heels with me, I never end up wearing them. Lesson learned.
- Swimsuits, obvi. I always like to bring one for each day. I like to pack one-piece swimsuits as well because you can use them as tops paired with shorts.
- At last three pairs of shorts and one denim skirt. These double as swimsuit cover ups, too.
- Pack 1-2 maxi dresses. Dresses are always a must because they’re perfect for either day time or night time.
- One to two pairs of sunglasses. I always pack cheapy sunnies, just in case they get lost.
- Bring at least one statement piece of jewelry. For me, I’m really into earrings so I’m definitely packing statement earrings and dainty layered necklaces.
- If you’re married, I suggest leaving your wedding rings at home. Both George and I never travel anywhere internationally with our rings. You just never know if they get lost or stolen.
- Pack your beauty products in one bag away from any of your tech accessories, such as chargers, batteries, camera, etc…
- Don’t forget hair ties and bobby pins, especially if you’re planning to travel somewhere humid.
- Bring dry shampoo, and anything you need to protect your hair from the heat. HOT MESS HAIR, I DO CARE.
- Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Pack little to no makeup. I never pack a lot of makeup because I don’t like to wear makeup while I’m out laying by the pool or the beach. I keep it very minimal. Instead, I pack a tinted moisturizer, anything that already has sunscreen. Pack at least one neutral and one pop of color lipstick, and bring a bronzer.
- Either carry your hat(s) with you on the plane or pack upside down in your suitcase. Fill it up with either swimsuits, undergarments or socks, and fold/roll your clothes and pack around your hat to secure your hat from moving or bending around. This will help from damaging your hats.
- Bring a tote bag to serve as a carry-on. It’ll double as a beach bag as well. Also, you really only need one day bag (cross body or backpack) and one clutch for the evening.
- Pack neutral color clothing. If you want to add a pop of color to your outfits, accessories and shoes are always the way to go. My go-to colors are always neutrals, but I like playing with colors with my shoes and jewelry.
I hope these packing tips are helpful!
Happy traveling, and happy Cinco de Mayo!
SHOP MY FAVORITES:
Today’s post is a little different but thought it was very important to share. As a blogger I’m always on-the-go, from one photoshoot to another, in between meetings and outfit changes in the car…. yup. Been there done that. Still do that. I realized how important it was to have certain items in my car while working. I decided to compile a list of items I feel are essential to have in my car, and also feel every blogger should as well.
- ‘Absolute’ Camisole: A simple camisole is so helpful when you’re constantly changing from one outfit to another, especially in the car.
- Cosmetic Makeup Bag Toiletry Travel Kit: Touching up in between photoshoots and/or meetings are a must. After all, you gotta look your best at all times. 😉
- Hair Ties Ponytail Holders: Helps keep your hair out of your face when you’re changing, plus these do not leave any creases in your hair.
- Trident Sugar Free Gum: No brainer.
- ‘In the Wild’ Throw: Again, very helpful when changing in the car.
- Titan Mall Plastic T-shirt Bags: Gotta keep the car clean.
- Band-Aid Brand Comfort-FlexAdhesive Bandages: Ladies and gents, we all have those shoes that are killer (literally), so having these around are major.
- Lil’ Lemon Drop Daily Detangler to Go Brush: I cannot tell you how many times I’ve found myself regretting not having a hair brush in handy. There has been countless times when I see photos of myself where I can see all those loose hairs that make my eye twitch (insert eye-rolling emoji here), especially when I’m attending events. Not cute.
- ‘Detox’ Dry Shampoo: LIFE. CHANGING. Because no one likes oily/greasy hair. One of my favorite dry shampoos of all time. May I also recommend Batiste dry shampoo. That one is also my fave.
- Deodorant: When you look and smell good, you feel good. And that’s important… plus no one wants to be around someone who smells like onions. Barf!
- Mobile Power Charger from Pac2Go Portable Charger: Aaaah… probably one of the most important things to carry in your car or purse, honestly.
- Travel Size Aloe Vera Spray for Face, Skin & Hair: You gotta feel fresh, too.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: Because ashy elbows and knees are not cute.
- Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm: So important to have, especially when changing lip colors for different outfit looks.
- Healthy Snacks: We all get super busy and forget to eat, which is so bad. I am guilty of this. We need to stay energize and take a moment to eat something or else we will crash, and feel very yucky.
- Dasani Purified Water: This ties back to #15. Stay hydrated.
- Wet Ones Sensitive Skin Hand and Face Wipes: I have found myself wishing I had these or hand sanitizer.
- Makeup Remove Cloths: This ties back to #17.
- WizGear Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder : Hands-free is the way to be.
I hope you find this post very helpful. Feel free to share some of the items you carry around in your car.
SHOP THE LOOK:
The time has come. Holidays are here, and the real important question is what do I wear for…?
Whether you’re attending a fancy holiday party/event, or going to a company party, Christmas dinner, or anything holiday related, I’ve got you covered boo. I decided to put together a few holiday items that are all under $100 – duh. Because why would you spend more than that?
Scratch that. I’ll speak for myself. I don’t like spending a lot on clothing or accessories because I don’t think you have to in order to look ah–mazing!
Velvet Bardot Top – TopShop
Velvet Pleat Midi Skirt – TopShop
ASOS Tulle Prom Skirt with Multi Layer and Trim – Asos
Semelle Pendant – BaubleBar
Black Velvet Seduction Bodysuit – Windsor
Burgundy Intimate Velvet Dress – Windsor
Gold 12 Row Rhinestone Choker – Windsor
Natural Faux Fur Scarf – Windsor
Katie Black Full Sequin Formal Dress – Windsor
Black Pretty Young Thing Blazer – Windsor
Navy Longing Velvet Mini – Windsor
Cressida Natural Sparkling Goddess Dress – Windsor
Black Ombre Sequin Pants – Windsor
Black Star Dust Glitter Romper – Windsor
Rose Gold Holiday Cheer Jumpsuit – Windsor
Black Slit Life Living Midi – Windsor
Burgundy Puppy Love Jacket – Windsor
Gray Velvet Renaissance Booties – Windsor
Natural Buckle Down Heels – Windsor
Black Faux Fur Clutch – Windsor
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!
SHOP THE LOOK
Attention all brides-to-be! Great news! I’ve partnered with Lucy Sui to give away one of their amazing wedding books to make your wedding planning run smoothly, and this beautiful “xoxo” mug.
The rules are simple:
1. Follow Lucy Sui on instagram @lucysuisf
2. Tag 3 friends and leave a comment stating you have done the above
Winner will be announced via instagram Wednesday March 23rd.
P.S. if you don’t win, don’t worry because we’ve got a sweet discount code for 10% off entire website – coupon code: MELROD10
Good luck! 🙂
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I’ve curated a few things I wouldn’t mind being gifted by my valentine (click the images above to shop the items).
Hey Horhey, if you’re reading this, it’s not too late. 😉
Whether you have a valentine or galentine, date night or girl’s night, make it your night to shine and treat yourself either way.
Hope everyone has an amazing V-day.
Happy lovers days!
I’ve been online browsing for a few things for the house, and stumbled upon these cute little items I sort of, kind of, need to have to have.
SHOP THE LOOK:
It’s that time of the year again, and I know I have been talking about getting back into doing more DIYs.
The time has finally come! I decided to do another DIY Christmas ornament simply because the first ornaments I made were a hit. To this very day my last DIY (from 2010) Christmas Ornament (click here for post) has gotten so much love.
Any who, let’s get started.
I decided to make faux feather pom pom christmas ornaments.
Here’s what I used:
How I made it:
I used the glue gun and dabbed a small amount onto the ornament, and began gluing the boa around. I decided to use smaller ornaments (last minute decision) because they looked much better on a smaller ornament than on the bigger ones.
It was such an easy and fun DIY. Hope you all enjoy it!
SHOP THE LOOK:
I’ve been really into turtlenecks lately. It’s all I’ve been wanting to wear. I just wish the weather would cool down a bit. Anyone else feel me?!
p.s. I never thought I’d ever wear kitten heels, but these Coach kitten loafers are so right up my alley. They’re seriously my jam.
SHOP THE LOOK:
Faux Leather Jacket | Turtleneck | Jeans | Coach Loafers | Sunglasses
Am I the only one that hasn’t started their holiday shopping?! I totally procrastinated this year. Good news is, the Outlets at Orange is having ‘Wrap it Up’ Super Sale December 11th through December 13th. This holiday event sale features discounts of up to 70% off from H&M, Nike Factory Store, Sunglass Hut, Victoria’s Secret, and much more.
I’ve put together a few items that are currently on trend and on my wish list, that I’m definitely shopping this weekend.
SHOP THE LOOK: