photos: Stefanie M Mariee
10 things I’ve learned as a blogger…. hmmmm….
I decided for today’s post, I would share 10 important things I have learned as a blogger.
- Don’t Be Afraid to try something new. Just because the next influencer hasn’t done it or isn’t doing it, doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t. It’s ok to go out of your comfort zone.
- Be Real with yourself and everyone else. In the beginning of my blogging days, I would wear anything and everything that was gifted to me. I’m sure most bloggers did the same. Now, of course I’ve grown and learned to stay true to myself and my style. But one thing I’ve always remained since day one, is be genuine with others. I’ve been to countless events where bloggers I’ve met so many times before, act as if they don’t know me or haven’t met before, OR act overly nice where it seems super fake, yet they don’t support you on social media. I like to keep it very cordial at times likes these and keep it moving.
- Start Saying No and Stop Saying Sorry – I struggled with these two for the longest time. Some may say I was a ‘people pleaser’ in the beginning. Finally almost 2 years ago, I decided to make that my goal. I politely would decline opportunities and didn’t apologize for what I wasn’t really sorry for. “I’m sorry I can’t promote your brand for free and return loaned styles without a return label.” With such a busy schedule, I would do the most and try to attend every event possible, until it quickly creeped up on me and drained me. It’s exhausting. I’ve learned you have to pick and choose and prioritize. That’s key.
- Know Your Worth because people will take advantage.
- Collaborate instead of Competing with other influencers. Reach out to other bloggers in the community and collab. You’ll only be successful if you support one another rather than constantly trying to climb over everyone. There’s room for everyone, you just have to figure out your place. I honestly get so excited when my fellow blogger friends are doing amazing things. It’s so nice to see others happy. Supporting each other is so very important, especially in the world we live in today.
- Don’t Feel Discouraged because one brand told you no. Keep it moving. On to the next. Trust me, the same companies who once told me no, have reached out to me months later to collaborate. Don’t let one little thing get in the way of you pursuing what you want to do. You’re going to get a lot of no’s before you get a lot of yes’s, and that’s ok.
- Ignore The Negativity because it can consume you and make you feel some type of way. If you get mean comments or bullied, just delete and keep being your fabulous self.
- Set Goals and give yourself a deadline to accomplish them. I like to set little goals weekly. I’ve realized that this works best for me.
- Surround Yourself With Positive Vibes. Be around people who are just as passionate and driven as you are. Good things happen to those who stick together.
- Most importantly Stay Consistent and Creative at all times.
I hope this helps any blogger who is feeling lost, confused, or any type of way. If you have any questions, feel free to DM on Instagram or leave a comment below.
SHOP THE LOOK: