Stuck in a Rut
I have been so busy lately (fortunately), that I have had no inspiration (ZERO, NADA, NONE) to create content or do anything in general. I’ve been stuck in a true rut, people. The lack of inspiration is so real right now. The same questions have been playing in my head on repeat: “what do I do?” “how do I get out of this weird ‘funk’ I’m feeling?” – le sigh.
photos: Stefanie M Mariee
I decided to change my morning routine and try a few new things in hopes that it would help change my mood, pick my spirit up, and bring some inspiration into my life. Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- Meditation: I purchased a mediation singing bowl with absolutely no clue how to even use it. I am still trying to figure out how to meditate. It’s not as easy as it looks or sounds, that’s for sure, but I’m giving it a try.
- Read Self-Help and Motivational Books. Currently re-reading You Are A Badass book, because every time I read a few lines I’ve already highlighted, it definitely changes my mood and gives me some inspiration I kind of lost.
- Workout. Insert eye-rolling emoji here. As much as I am not a fan of working out, I do believe it helps release all the yucky vibes and bring back all the good ones. Speaking of, if you are looking to update your workout attire, then look no further and check out Wear It To Heart. They have some of the best high waisted black leggings.
- Get out of the house. Even if it’s just to walk around the neighborhood. Weirdly enough, fresh air actually has been helping.
- Family & Friends. Spending time with family and close friends has been helpful and nice. Did a lot of that this week.
- Setting New Goals. Jotted down a few new goals I’d like to achieve this week. It helps when you actually write them down on a piece of paper as oppose to putting it in my phone. Seeing them on paper is oddly more motivating than having them on my phone.
What are some ways you stay inspired and motivated? I would love to hear your tips and suggestions, and what works for you.
Hope you all have a wonderful day, and will see you all soon on the gram (@melrodstyle).
WHAT I’M WEARING:
Outfit from Amaro
SHOP THE LOOK: