Favorite Instagram Apps
One of the number 1 questions I am asked is what filter I use on my Instagram photos. I wrote a blogpost on How I Edit My Instagram Photos, but thought I’d update you with my new favorite instagram apps that I’m using most of the time these days.
Here are my current favorite Instagram apps…
- Afterlight – This was one of the first apps I downloaded when Instagram launched. I love using the “dusty” tool and “light leak” tool on some of my photos.
- Retouch – This is also another app I’ve been using for awhile now. I use this app to remove blemishes or stamp out any little distracting objects in my photos, like clean the floor or remove a person in the background if I feel it is too distracting. It’s such an awesome app and really think everyone should download it. For me, it’s convenient and easier than having to upload iPhone photos on my desktop. I can edit while I’m on the go.
- Snapseed – I use this app to control the lighting or tones on my photos. For example, if one side of my face or body looks darker than the other side, I can easily edit through this app.
- Facetune – I use this app mainly to lightly smooth out any blemish, but I keep it to a minimum. I don’t like to overly edit my face or skin. This app also has a stamp tool called “patch”, which also removes objects. This app is very convenient, especially when I need to edit images for clients. I can sharpen or enhance details with the “details” tool. I can whiten out an object that looks too warm or yellow with the “whiten” tool.
- A Beautiful Mess (aka ABM) – This app has doodles, borders, backgrounds, and phrases, which allows you to create quotes or any text you’d like. I like to use this for either clients or for Insta Stories.
- Squaready – I use this app to resize an image. For example, if a photo doesn’t fit on Instagram or Insta Stories, I will sometimes use this app.
- Layout – I rarely use this app, but when I do it’s to create collages. I use this more for clients.
- VSCO – An oldie but goodie. I mainly use this app for the filters, along with the other featured tools, which I shared the exact filters I use on this blogpost here.
- Hyperlapse – I use this app sometimes for when I upload videos on my Insta Stories, or when I announced my pregnancy on Instagram here. It’s a fun app to fast forward or slow down any video you create.
- SquareadyV – Similar to Squaready, except this app can resize videos instead of photos. It’s convenient to have when certain videos do not fit on Instagram or Insta Stories.
Well, there you have it. An updated list of my favorite Instagram apps I’m using at the moment. I’d love to hear about the apps you use. Please feel free to share below or find me on Instagram @melrodstyle. 🙂