20 fun facts you probably didn’t know about me…..
- My name is Melissa…. whaaaa?! but most call me Mel or Mel Rod. I also respond to Nina Boo Boo Kitty or Gigi Mel (my nieces and nephews call me that). While others, well, call me Melanie. Don’t know why but if I had to guess it would be because they assume Mel is short for Melanie. So, yeah basically I will answer to any of the above, except Melanie.
- I have 4 dogs and 1 cat. I baby talk to them all the time. I bet my neighbors think I’m cray.
- Arranging flowers are my jam. My first job ever was at a flower shop.
- I started my blog in 2010, which was first called Modanista Junkie.
- Biggest pet peeve? People sending me multiple text messages when it could be very well sent in a single text. It drives me nuts, especially when it’s literally just an “lol” or an emoji.
- I have two younger sisters and one brother.
- I am very sarcastic. Honestly, truly. But I’m also a very emotional and sensitive person (ask George).
- I have my lash extension license.
- I went to FIDM.
- I’ve always wanted to design shoes and open up a boutique.
- I have major OCD.
- I don’t eat red meat.
- I was a cheerleader in high school.
- I almost died when I was a little girl. I was maybe 3 years old. My dad always likes to share this one with new friends.
- Speaking of… I can’t handle death. I don’t understand it (never have & quite honestly don’t know if I ever will), and it’s very difficult for me to cope with. I don’t know how to explain it.
- Cheese is life (insert drooling emoji here). I can eat a whole block of cheese. It’s terrible but oh so delicious.
- I wore glasses in 5th grade then upgraded to contact lens, until I got lasik eye surgery years later. I once wore glasses and braces at the same time… I know, I know. Cute kid, right?! I was like super attractive and popular (in my most sarcastic voice).
- I was born here in California but my family is from Mexico. Probably one of the most asked questions whenever I meet someone is “What’s your ethnicity?” “What are you?” or “What’s your nationality?” Most of the time people are shocked to find out where I’m from. I always get either Brazil, Thai, once got Russian (so strange), and often get that I look Asian.
- I have an obsession with cleaning my ears, lol. OMG, it sounds so weird typing this. I’m so effing weird.
- My spirit animal is Nicole Richie.
In case you missed it and wanted to know more about me…
SHOP THE LOOK: